Thursday 7 August 2008

Interaction Technology reflections

Just had to reflect on some of the concepts previewed on Mozilla's site for their Aurora browser interface.

The title above cannot be reduced to IT because what I saw today of the proposed Aurora browser from Mozilla is more than just nuts and bolts.

I have only watched the first video as yet (I will watch the rest), but it has fired my imagination so.

Having been immersed in IT since 1984, I have seen quite a few changes along the way. It is maturing all the time, some areas more quickly than others. What is always gratifying is when someone takes disparate strands and ties them all together.

The browser technology previewed here promises much, not just for the lay user. It has all sorts of wider applications and draws from so many other areas. I look at the interface and I think mind maps. The interface gets more human-like, because as people, one of our distinctives is our ability to reference, see isomorphisms, make connections.

That's for me the biggest positive so far with this.

Watch and enjoy...

http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-the-concept-series-call-for-participation/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, get you... talking like a proper connectivist!

It's so cool when your field and mine overlap - and that seems to happen more and more often as learning adopts more technology and technology becomes more user-centric.

BTW - I still have to watch these - trying to snatch a moment has been tough ;o(